Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School, Back to School...

Last week was the start of a new school year for us. I started back to work for my week of professional development and the Kaden and Halle started their new school.

Brock is taking the kids this year, so he was told to snap a picture for me. He said that Kaden was happy and went in without even saying bye to him! Halle cried a little bit, but was fine! When I went to pick them up each day, they were having a good time and seemed perfectly happy. Halle is already learning so much! It is amazing how spongy kids are and how they soak EVERYTHING in. We are very happy with their school. We will see what this year brings!

Jaxson and Connor with me on the first day of school! We had a CrAzY first day and I will explain all about that in another post, but I made time to get a picture of us on the first day of school.
My sweet 1st and 4th grader in front of the Hays sign at the front of our school. I have taken a picture of Connor here every year since the school has been open which just happened to be his Kinder year. Jaxson joined in last year. It is crazy to think that I have just two more years to do this with my Conman. I think they are extremely handsome!!!
Connor with his fabulous 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Barineau. I can't begin to express how excited I am that my BFF is my sweet son's teacher this year. Not to mention that I am also his teacher this year. We are departmentalized in 4th grade and Debbie and I team teach...so he has Debbie for half a day and me for half a day. It is going to be interesting, but I am very excited to get to know my son as a student.
Jaxson and his fabulous teacher, Mrs. D'Alessio. I was very excited that Jaxson got Mrs. D. She was my long term sub when I had Halle and then got a full time position at Hays the following year. She is an amazing teacher and I couldn't be more excited! Jaxson needed the right balance of love and discipline from a teacher and I know that Mrs. D is the perfect teacher for the job. He needs to know that she will make him tow the line, but that she loves him at the same time.

I am very excited about my classes too. I have a very sweet class and I can't wait to get to know the kids better. There are several challenges that I can't wait to tackle as well. All and all I am very excited about this year and where God is leading my family! Remind me of this in February!

No comments: