Thursday, May 14, 2009

Girl Mom Training! HELP!!!

















I need some serious "girl mom" training. I got this really cute outfit from Laurie (Brock's aunt). I absolutely LOVE it. I was all excited about Halle wearing it and then...it wouldn't fit over her head. The bow in the front was too tight and I would have to untie it to get it to fit over her head, but I can't tie pretty bows!

So, I tell Halle...I have to squeeze this over your head, but I promise to untie it to take it off...I get it over her head and then can't fit it over her shoulders! So I have to untie it....The bow that I tied was pitiful...Brock tries and that was pitiful also! Brock is like...Schauna, it's just a bow, chill out. But it isn't just a bow, it is my favorite outfit and it is a very important part of the outfit. Men just don't understand!!

So I do the best I can because I am running late. I figure at the program, surely I will find a girl mom that can tie a pretty bow. I did...not as pretty as it was, but much better than I was able to do.

Also, the bow on her head came with the outfit. Beautiful bow, but really big. I think too big...what do you think? Maybe when her head is bigger, it will look better.



Anyways, so my question is....how do I learn how to tie a really pretty bow? This is going to come up every Sunday, I'm sure. Does someone offer classes to clueless moms with 3 boys and then a girl????/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so stinkin' cute!!! I love the outfit too, and I promise, bows come with practice! Tucker is terrible, but I can make a pretty "butterfly" bow, and I'd be glad to teach you! I promise it is painless! Now, if I ever get to have a boy, you are my go to girl!

girlmomx3 said...

It's just practice. However, the wider the ribbon the harder it is to tie. That "gros-grain" ribbon is hard to keep tied. I would find someone that can tie a pretty bow and have them tie it and then sew it tied and then snap it or safety pin it to the outfit. She may outgrow the outfit before all that gets done, she is #4 after all!

As for the hairbow--it is big--but darling. As her head gets bigger it will help. However, remember you are thankful that her head is small. . . .

Blessings,
Jane

BTW-You're doing a great job! God fills in the gaps where we mess up--Thankfully! :o)

Moore Memories said...

Hollywood Ranch...LOVE it!!! I am still learning...it is never ending with these girls!!