Sunday, July 10, 2011

3rd Week of Summer - Swimming Lessons/Baseball Camp/Basketball Camp

So, I'm a bit late on this....but the 3rdweek of summer was C.R.A.Z.Y. Our daily schedule went a little like this...

4:45 - Schauna wakes up to go run the bridge. I return by 7 to shower. This is only on M, W, & F.

8:00 - Connor and Jaxson to baseball camp.

11:00 - Pick up the boys from baseball camp.

11:30-12:00 - Jaxson swimming lessons.

12:00 - Connor to basketball camp.

3:00 - Pick up Connor from basketball camp.

4:10 - Halle swimming lessons (only W & Th)

4:50 -Kaden swimming lessons

As you can see, I was a little overbooked! I am so thankful for my friend, Kandi, who helped me with Connor quite a bit. I usually picked up Jaxson, Connor and his friend, Colby from baseball camp and took them to Kandi's house. She would feed them lunch and then take them to basketball camp so that I could get Jaxson to his swimming lessons.

I was exhausted by the time the week was over, but the kids had a good time, so it was worth it, I guess! lol The boys had a great time at both baseball and basketball camp.

I was thoroughly impressed with Jaxson and Kaden during their swimming lessons. The kids take lessons from Miss Laura every year. I think this is Jaxson's 3rd year of lessons with Mrs. Laura. Jaxson could already swim a little and is definitely not scared of the water. He did great!!! He was diving off the diving board and swimming all the way across the pool. I was really proud of him! I can't wait to see what he will be doing by the end of the summer.

This was Kaden's first year in swimming lessons. He did incredibly well. Miss Laura taught him to swim under the water, tread water, and jump off the diving board and swim to the other end of the pool. On the last day of lessons, Kaden asked Miss Laura if he could do something that Jaxson did in his lessons. She would put the pool in the deep end of the pool and throw rings to the bottom of the pool. They would shimmy down the pole to the bottom of the pool, get the ring, and then swim back up. She doesn't generally do that for kids his age (3), but he said that if he wanted to do it, he could...and he did. Incredible! He amazed all of us. She told us that she's never seen a kid as young as him do so well.

Halle on the other hand, didn't do so well. I thought that she would do great. She is not afraid of the water at all and she will even put her head in the water. She pretty much cried the whole time, but I do believe that Miss Laura taught her the most important thing of all. She knows how to get to the surface and how to float. She also knows "the side is safe".

We love Miss Laura! Thank you!

I did take several pictures and videos. Unfortunately, during the week, my phone took a swim as well. So, I can't get to several of my pictures. Also, I am having a hard time getting my videos from Brock's phone or from youtube.com onto my blog.

No comments: