Saturday, July 23, 2011

Potty Training

So, my sweet, sweet little girl has been ready to potty train pretty much since she turned 2. It was just hard to push with her being so young and me not being with her all day. So we have been trying to potty train on and off since April or so.

She was probably more ready than I was. I never used Pull-Ups with any of the boys but I decided I would use them with Halle since she was so young. I think it was a huge mistake. I think it confused her more than anything.

I kept saying that as soon as summer hit, we were going to start potty training hard core. Well, it is really, really hard to potty train when you are on the go constantly and in a pool the rest of the time. I can't not put a swim diaper on her when if there is ever a time that she wouldn't want to stop doing was she is doing to go to the bathroom...it would be while she is swimming. I definitely couldn't take a chance on her pooping in someone's swimming pool.

Long story short...she has been doing really good when she has panties on. She has had very few accidents and it is usually at night when I forget to ask her if she needs to go. I decided today that we are completely done with diapers and Pull-Ups...no matter what! Every single week there is something that prevents me from having her wear panties full time. So, no more!! She will only wear a diaper during nap and bed time.

We went to dinner tonight and she didn't have an accident. We are going to try church in the morning with panties. We have to try sometime....why not now?

Wish me luck! We also climbed out of her bed this morning. I guess it is time to convert her bed into a toddler bed. Yikes...I'm not sure I want this to all happen at once. I am seeing visions of Connor getting married and Halle going off to college...ugh...I think I'm gonna be sick.

No comments: