Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our First Day in Corpus Christi

So we left our house at 9 am, but did not get out of Rockwall until 10!!! There was a wreck and we had to run a few arrands. The boys were great in the car. Kaden did start fussing until about 12:30, so we made it to Austin about 1 and stopped to eat. We ate at BK so that the kids could get some energy out. We were back on the run by 2 and got into Corpus around 5:30. Kaden crying the last 45 minutes of the drive, but overall he did great!!!

The kids were so excited. We got all our luggage up to the room and then went down to look around. I took Connor and Jaxson down by the water and it took everything in me to keep them out of the water. So we left for dinner as I promised that we would come back after dinner.

Today is Brock's birthday, so the choose was his. We went to Doc's seafood (I bet you would have never guessed). It was great food, but it was very hot...I was sweating really bad and we all know how I love to sweat. Kaden was super fussy and made me hold his sippy cup while he drank it....the whole time we were there.

After dinner we went by a gift shop to get the buggy board that Connor wanted so bad. Then we came back to the hotel changed and went to the beach. The boys LOVED it, especially Connor. He went right out into those waves with no fear. Jaxson was not as brave but really got into after a little while. Kaden on the other hand, does not like the sand and water. He doesn't like that he can't get it all back off his hands. Maybe tomorrow he will like it more. Hopefully I will get a chance to blog about tomorrows adventures tomorrow, but right now I better go to sleep. The rest of the family has gotten a head start on sleeping and if I don't go to sleep, tomorrow will be a nightmare!!

No comments: