Friday, June 20, 2008

Thursday and Friday

Thursday

We left the hotel to go to the Aquarium. The aquarium was fun, but not what I remembered. It took us less than an hour to tour and see everything. So we left there and went to the souvenir shops. You can’t go on vacation to the beach and not get a 4 for $10 t-shirt! Of course, Brock rolled his eyes at that, but indulged me anyways. Of course, once inside the store, the shirts that you buy are never the cheap ones. The boys each got a shirt, but I was unable to find my sno-globe.

We leave the shop and start our drive to Austin. I know that it is only a 4 hour drive, but it seemed like forever. Do you ever notice how it takes much longer to get home when on a road trip? Anyways, the boys were antsy and I thought that I had lost my camera and phone (which explains why I have no pictures from the aquarium), so I was not in a great mood. When we got to Austin, we were pleased with our $70 a night Priceline hotel. We stayed at the Doubletree in Austin. It was a very nice hotel and the bed was wonderful. We hung around the room for a little while and then decided to go eat. We knew that the capitol was closed so we would have to wait until Friday to go. We ate at Macaroni Grill (my favorite) and then went back to the hotel. I took the boys swimming while Brock and Kaden stayed in the room and played. Connor and Jax love the water as much as I did as a child.


Friday

We got up around 8 and got ready. We left the hotel around 9 and went to Denny’s for breakfast. We ate breakfast and were off to the capitol building. I was so excited. We went to the capitol building because Connor wanted to, but Brock and I ended up being much more excited and impressed with it than my almost 7 year old.

It is a beautiful building with so much history. I like to stand back and just think about all of the things that have happened within those walls and all the people that have been there. I am a nerd, but I love those kinds of things.

No comments: